Middle School Guidance and Counseling
Hello, I am Jodi Zimmer, Flambeau School Counselor for grades 6-12. Here is some information about me, and the services I can offer your student.
I received my B.S. Degree in Exceptional Education Pre K-12 from UW Stevens Point and later my M.S. Degree in School Counseling from UW Stout.
I have been in education since 1999 and in the School District of Flambeau since 2003. I began my career at Flambeau as a special education teacher and later became the middle school/high school counselor here at Flambeau.
Being the school counselor is a great job! I get the privilege of getting to know each student individually as well as their strengths and that is a very cool thing. That being said, I can provide brief, solution-focused counseling assistance when students are struggling with different issues. Some examples include:
- Adjusting to the transition of middle school and high school
- Education in understanding self, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing communication skills/ Peer facilitation
- Coping strategies
- Academic planning/ establishing organizational skills and study skills
- Problem solving
- Career exploration and planning
- Goal-setting/decision making
- Individual, family, school crisis intervention (* School counselors do NOT provide professional counseling services. I can assist with referrals to outside agencies when necessary.)
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions or concerns you may have.